This article originally appeared on Boston Band Crush ). The Hollow Sound are next to wrap their collective heads around our questions:
SXSW Interview Questions:
1. Where/When are you playing?
We are playing the Berklee Party on March 20th at Friends Bar.
2. How did you get your SXSW gig?
The Alumni Department at Berklee asked us to play.
3. Is this your first time at SXSW?
Yes, actually it’s going to be the first time any of us have ever even been to Texas.
4. How important do you think it is to have an “official” showcase?
With so many bands and so many shows in such a short period of time, what we find important is the opportunity to learn as much as we can from industry professionals and networking with the amazing amount of talent concentrated in Austin for the duration of the festival.
5. What do you hope to achieve by playing at SXSW?
We hope to get exposure to a lot of people that have yet to hear our music. Be they industry insiders or music fans. We’re touring down so we are really just looking forward to playing a lot of shows.
6. How do you plan to use the conference (beyond your show) to promote yourself?
We’re touring down so we’re going to be promoting in that way the week before our performance. But other than that we are going to have special editions of our EP for sale only during this tour.
7. Are you attending other shows,what shows/bands are you looking forward to?
We’re probably going to have to start the drive back to Boston the next morning after we play, however we are going to hit up the As Tall As Lions show after our performance. They are an awesome band and really nice guys.
8. Do you expect that Boston will have a strong showing this year?
From what we’ve seen of the Berklee Showcase Boston will definitely have no problem giving a strong showing. Also with other acts like Passion Pit and Eli Paperboy Reed Boston have made and will continue to make a significant impact on the music scene at large.