This article originally appeared on Boston Band Crush ).
Graveyard BBQ are next up to answer by SXSW questions. I hope they are bringing the BBQ Girls down to Austin with ’em!
SXSW Interview Questions:
1. Where/When are you playing?
We’re BBQ’n at Club RED 7, Austin,TX
2. How did you get your SXSW gig?
It’s the High Times Magazine “Doobie Awards Show” and we’ve been nominated for “BEST NEW/UNDERGROUND ARTIST” which they also invited us to play.
3. Is this your first time at SXSW?
Yes, this is our 1st time and we’re all stoked about it!
4. How important do you think it is to have an “official” showcase?
It’s cool shit, especially since SXSW is invite only and all of the industry is there to see the BEST up and coming and independent music the world has to offer. It’s an absolute honor.
5. What do you hope to achieve by playing at SXSW?
To GRILL EM ALL!!! and… to win that High Times Magazine award, that’d be killer!
6. How do you plan to use the conference (beyond your show) to promote yourself?
It’s just another great thing to have in the resume of rocknroll glory
7. Are you attending other shows, what shows/bands are you looking forward to?
I’m not even quite sure who’s playing this year, but I’m sure we’ll all be checking out quite a few bands.
8. Do you expect that Boston will have a strong showing this year?
Best of luck to all the Boston bands at SXSW. It’s great to know that we’re one of a handful representing Boston, proudly.