This article originally appeared on Boston Band Crush ).
DJ Shuttle was kind enough to answer our questions and to provide us a link to an MP3.
SXSW Interview Questions:
1. Where/When are you playing ?
(OFFICIAL) Speakeasy Kabaret on Thursday, March 19 at 9:00 p.m.
2. How did you get your SXSW gig?
Not quite sure, I think it’s a Ninja Tune showcase.
3. Is this your first time at SXSW?
Second [went down previously] with a band called the Peasantry (i played drums)
4. How important do you think it is to have an & official showcase?
It’s definitely an honour but, will you survive without it? Probably.
Does it help alot? Yes, let alone it is a really good time!
5. What do you hope to achieve by playing at SXSW?
Play the best set I have ever played in my life and convince at least one more person to listen to my music.
6. How do you plan to use the conference (beyond your show) to promote
Haven’t seen the conference schedule yet but by just being there and
meeting people and having a good time with them, you are promoting
yourself positively, unless you barf on their shoes…(which I don’t plan on doing)
7. Are you attending any of the actual conference? Are you attending
other shows, what shows/bands are you looking forward to?
depends on who’s speaking and such, i’m definitely trying to catch
micachu’s set, missed her at cmj, and about 20 other bands i hope to
see/see again, it’s more about the venue though, which there are so
many good ones.
8. Do you expect that Boston will have a strong showing this year?
If everyone I think is going ends up going then yes, from Magic Magic
to Pretty & Nice to Giantess to all the Dopamine Records guys, and I’m
sure Drug Rug will probably be there, and maybe a few other boston
bands I cant think of at the moment, we need to have a boston showcase
down there haha, i wonder if Fenway Presents has done that already…
[Above photo by Alex Tabet]