This article originally appeared on Boston Band Crush ). KID:NAP:KIN give the answers to the questions.
SXSW Interview Questions:
1. Where/When are you playing?
Official Party for Berklee March 20th at 5:30pm at Friends 208 E 6th St
and Sidehatch Entertainment Showcase at Creekside Lounge 606 E 7th St
2. How did you get your SXSW gig?
3. Is this your first time at SXSW?
We played a few showcases in 2007
4. If you’ve gone before, have you performed and how did it go?
We performed for an insane amount of people. SXSW is unbelievably crowded with music lovers. It’s like a Star Wars convention but less people live with their parents.
5. How important do you think it is to have an “official” showcase?
It’s almost a little cooler to have an unofficial showcase because ANYONE
can come to that, not just those with large amounts of disposable income.
6. What do you hope to achieve by playing at SXSW?
Let the world know what KID:NAP:KIN is all about! And get that really rich
old man to fall in love with our bass player and be our sugar daddy.
7. How do you plan to use the conference (beyond your show) to promote
Postcards, CDs, business cards, T-shirts, BBQ pork ribs…
It’s a mad house there, the chance of people remembering your band is
slim, so we have to make a scene and do things that will burn in people’s
brains! I can’t tell you exactly what or else you may use it too…then we
wouldn’t be cool or nothin’.
8. Are you attending other shows, what shows/bands are you looking forward to?
We’ll be hitting up every Boston band that we can! Can’t wait to see our
friends in Supervolcano tear it up. Lights Resolve and The Urgency from
NYC, Foxy Shazam and oh so much more.
9. Do you expect that Boston will have a strong showing this year?
Oh yes, Boston is becoming the rock capitol from olden days. We will
represent Boston to our fullest this year.
Check out KID:NAP:KIN’s awesome take on Mr. Rogers in their video for “Exposition” below: