SXSW Interview Questions:
1. Where/When are you playing?
We are playing at room 710 on red river. the day is march 20, 2009 at 12:00 am.
2. How did you get your SXSW gig?
We are on Smallstone Records. Scott ( who runs the label) gets a night every year. He puts Smallstone bands that have a new record out on the bill.
3. Is this your first time at SXSW?
No, this will be our third time down. although we have played Austin a number of times. SXSW is always a great time. the shows are well attended, and the beer seems to flow endlessly.
4. How important do you think it is to have an “official” showcase?
If you do not have an official showcase, that means you most likely playing at a crappy club. SXSW books up most of the good ones.
5. What do you hope to achieve by playing at SXSW?
Remember what i said about the beer.
6. How do you plan to use the conference (beyond your show) to promote yourself?
We just go for a good time. We know there is no such thing as a big record deal anymore. There is no such thing as a major label. I don’t think one band will get “signed” at SXSW. It’s a great city, great people, it’s all about havin fun with friends.
7. Are you attending any of the actual conference? Are you attending other shows, what shows/bands are you looking forward to?
We fly by the seat of our collective pants. I don’t know who is playin til I get there. We don’t go to any conference stuff.
8. Do you expect that Boston will have a strong showing this year?
I’m not sure of any other boston bands playing.Bbut when I get there, I always run in to boston folk, and then it’s back to that beer thing again.