This article originally appeared on Boston Band Crush ). Arms and Sleepers
SXSW Interview Questions:
1. Where/When are you playing?
March 20th – Parish Downstairs (7PM)
2. How did you get your SXSW gig?
Our booking agent submitted an application for us and we got in.
3. Is this your first time at SXSW?
4. How important do you think it is to have an “official” showcase?
It certainly feels nice to have been “officially” selected, but I think the most important part is getting your music to people. So, obviously this could happen in either an official showcase or a house party, etc.
5. What do you hope to achieve by playing at SXSW?
We’re hoping to expose more people to our music and hopefully they’ll enjoy it.
6. How do you plan to use the conference to promote yourself?
We’ll try to play house parties and unofficial shows, but other than we’re just looking to enjoy ours.
7. Are you attending other shows, what shows/bands are you looking forward to?
Who knows what’ll happen when we’re actually there, but we’d definitely like to check out some shows. Some bands we’d like to see there are: Balmorhea (with whom we’re playing in June in Boston), Brother Ali, Efterklang, Explosions in the Sky, Eksi Ekso, Sage Francis, This Will Destroy You (with whom we’ve played before and really like), and more I’m sure.
8. Do you expect that Boston will have a strong showing this year?
That remains to be seen, we’re definitely glad to see our fellow Bostonians Eksi Ekso play, we don’t really know what other Boston bands are playing.