I think the Republicans are using a rad strategy. Find someone so rife with controversy and bad past behavior that the press can’t even write a nasty article about her without changing their mind halfway through regarding which controversial thing to talk about. I am being sincere on that one. It’s kind of crazy.
Here are some of the finer rumors, all of which may or may not be true (I really have no idea and I am not going to spend time investigating). Some neat articles covering some of these (with sources) at http://www.pubrecord.org/
1. She used the staff and resources of her Mayoral office to run her campaign for Governor. Then she got some guy fired for doing the same thing.
2. She threatened to fire any public officials who didn’t support her campaign. I guess there was even a threatened recall because she held such a bad grudge against the fire chief.3. She tried really hard to make life difficult for her ex-brother-in-law using her pull in office.
4. She tried to ban books at the local library and threatened the librarian’s job when they refused to comply.
5. She was pregnant before she was married.
6. She gave birth to a baby with down syndrome and was back at work about 5 minutes later.
7. One of her top priorities (if elected) regarding policies on families: ” Preserving the definition of ‘marriage’ as defined in our constitution,” – i.e., she has never read the constitution and noticed that the word “marriage” is not present.
8.(not controversial maybe, but caught my eye) Answering the same question, “Cracking down on the things that harm family life: gangs, drug use, and infringement of our liberties including attacks on our 2nd Amendment rights.” – She had me for a second. I was thinking, cool, she likes civil liberties! Turns out, just guns, not freedom of speech or anything.
8. Her daughter is pregnant. Palin tried to force her daughter to get married and kept the pregnancy covered up for as long as she could, but the daughter refused and the story leaked.
9. She has like 17 young kids.
10. She doesn’t believe in evolution.
11. She wants to drill for oil in Alaska and take polar bears off the endangered species list…
12. …and best of all, she doesn’t believe in global warming. After all, she would have noticed in Alaska. Forget what the scientists say. What do they know?I almost forgot, she also maybe used to be in a group that was pushing for Alaskan independence because they didn’t want to be part of the U.S. and the ever-reputable National Enquirer published a story about an affair she may or may not have had. I’m smelling resignation.
-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-The Motion Sick Blog – https://blog.mikeandsophia.com/