The Michael J. Epstein Memorial Library (The Michael J. Epstein Mass Spectrometer) is very excited to be the house band for The Encyclopedia Show Somerville
Monday, October 14, 2013
Davis Square Theatre
255 Elm St., Somerville, Massachusetts 02144|
7:00pm until 10:00pm
Second Season Second Episode of the Encyclopedia Show: Somerville! Our theme for the show will be Serial Killers!
The Encyclopedia Show Somerville is an event franchised from the original series founded in Chicago in 2008, wherein invited artists from a variety of performance disciplines present all-new, original works on sub-topics of a single theme. A recurring cast of hosts and characters welcomes the artists with open arms and minds, while the resident Fact Checker is charged with maintaining the integrity of the Encyclopedic Truth of the show.
This month’s invitees and topics are as follows:
* PATRICK S., Mill City poetic fixture, educating darkly on the subject of Dexter;
* TEACHER MEG, Encyclopedia Show Educational Consultant, diagramming the Anatomy of a Serial Killer;
* AIMEE ROSE RANGER, earnest co-host and theater artist, educating on Amelia Dyer;
* LAUREN ELMA FRAMENT, Manchester poet, researching for our edification on The Boy Fiend Jesse Pomeroy;
* WES HAZARD, Boston comic and super-approachable Questionable Expert, providing general knowledge on highly accurate media portrayals of killers such as Serial Mom and So I Married an Axe Murderer;
* SIMONE BEAUBIEN, harried producer, edifying in poetic form on The Boston Strangler;
* SPECIAL GUEST INTERN DENNIS HURLEY, who comes to us with an absolutely impeccable resume of squeaky-clean credentials;
The MICHAEL J. EPSTEIN VIOLENT CRIMINAL APPREHENSION PROGRAM, house band and quite possibly the world’s only mostly-female, mostly librarian orchestra, will elucidate on the portrayals of victims and victimization in media.
Our doors open at 7:00 for socializing in the theater bar.
The show itself will begin at 8:00 sharp.
This is an all ages show!
$10 admission / $7 for students, teachers, or guests in Prohibition-era dress.
As always, we are located at The Davis Square Theater in the eponymous Square, 255 Elm St. (same door as Saloon). For directions: http://bostonpoetryslam.com/encyclopediashow/directions-to-the-encyclopedia-show