2021.Well, it was a lot of lockdown and some brief moments of shooting films, a couple film fests, and a quick visit East.In sadness, our beloved chihuahua that we adopted at the start of the pandemic in 2020, King Ghidorah, passed this year just a few days shy of his first anniversary with us. We didn't stay dogless for long though, and we adopted the senior-chihuahua-mixes Blanche in April (who we had intended to be King's sister, but they ended up just ships passing) and Rose in December. They are our sassy little joys who bring us so much laughter. They share an Instagram, tiktok, and Facebook.
And, like everyone, we watched WAY too many movies - and we're nearly through an entire watch of Murder, She Wrote. You can check out our stats on Michael's letterboxd.
The Once and Future Smash
We got back into shooting our new feature film, The Once and Future Smash starring Michael St. Michaels (The Greasy Strangler) and Bill Weeden (Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D). We shot the principle photography in early 2020 and were able to shoot most of the rest - still a few small shoots to go and it's currently in edit. We are hoping to send it out to festivals later this year.
In 1970, Mikey & William both portrayed football cannibal Smash-Mouth in the influential cult hit, End Zone 2. Now, 50 years later, only one can wear the mask.
The Transformations of the Transformations of the Drs. Jenkins
The Transformations of the Transformations of the Drs. Jenkins was a filmmaker-sourced pandemic collaboration. It premiered at Genreblast and will likely be available later this year.
Determined to create the ultimate pandemic film, Stephen (who apparently has never heard of an exquisite corpse) brings a team of filmmakers together, believing he has created a brand new genre of filmmaking, they recruit 20 of their friends to each shoot a segment of the film. A lot goes wrong! Michael convinces the team he can program an AI better than Amazon. Bob wasn't invited. Kate has regrets.
WORK FOR OTHERS
INTERVIEWS AND PODCASTS
LAUNCH OVER PODCAST:
We only managed one podcast this year - we have some ideas to revamp it for 2022.
[ Episode 12 - June 25, 2021 ]
PODCASTS We appeared on:
- Michael visits The Grim and Bloody Podcast to talk Clickbait and more!
- Michael talks about the scientific method and his book, Bigfoot Does Not Exist, on the Haunts and Hops podcast
- Sophia and Michael are on the A Degree Absolute! podcast talking about their love of The Prisoner and their band, Do Not Forsake Me Oh My Darling
- Michael is a guest on the You Don’t Have to Yell podcast – Bigfoot Does Not Exist | A Scientific Approach to the Issue of Voter Fraud
- Michael is on the Shrimp Night podcast with Bob Rose
- Sophia is on the Shrimp Night podcast with Bob Rose
- Sophia revisits the movie Pi on podcast, The Hold-Up with Stephen Stull
- Michael revisits Conan the Destroyer on podcast, The Hold-Up with Stephen Stull
- Sophia is on Too Young for this Sh!t PODCAST to discuss Predator (1987)
- Michael appears on Hellbender Media’s The Creative Draw
- Sophia and Michael talk to J. Horton on the “I Make Movies that Make Money. This is How.” channel about “What’s a Good Future Model for Independent Film Distribution?”
- Michael talks to J. Horton about his crowdfunding book “Learn to Market Indie Films Better through Crowdfunding”